cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to coonect Voice ROuter 2911 with Siemens PBX

kalshetty
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have Cisco Voice Router model 2911 having four FXS ports. I need to connect this Router with Siemens PBX (HIpath 4000 ver 4.0). How Can I connect it? My Cisco Router is connected with Cisco IPICS Server.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

narcis antonie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

or to a classic telephone, and in that case you won't be able to dial a number attached to the PBX from your IP network, only vice-versa.

Another way to do it it is through a E1/T1 port on the router (of course if the PBX has one too). This way you can have multiple tones from the PBX into your network, meaning that multiple users can call out through the PBX the same time.

The way to configure the router is described in detail on the Internet and depends on what kind of hardware you have.

If the Siemens Hipath 4000 v4 has IP capability you can connect them on Ethernet (fast, giga or whatever) interfaces (perhaps this will help with the configuration: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise/unified-meetingplace/1041242.pdf but it is for v 5)

Best of luck,

Narcis

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

narcis antonie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

or to a classic telephone, and in that case you won't be able to dial a number attached to the PBX from your IP network, only vice-versa.

Another way to do it it is through a E1/T1 port on the router (of course if the PBX has one too). This way you can have multiple tones from the PBX into your network, meaning that multiple users can call out through the PBX the same time.

The way to configure the router is described in detail on the Internet and depends on what kind of hardware you have.

If the Siemens Hipath 4000 v4 has IP capability you can connect them on Ethernet (fast, giga or whatever) interfaces (perhaps this will help with the configuration: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise/unified-meetingplace/1041242.pdf but it is for v 5)

Best of luck,

Narcis

Thanks Narcis! This is very useful information. I will check & update you accordingly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: