Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need to create user accounts in AD/Exchange for Unity access.

I need to create several user accounts in Active Directory for access in to Unity 3.1.5 with Admin rights. These are separate accounts from their Unity subscriber accounts. Which is the bast way to set it up? Create the accounts in Exchange/AD, make them a member of the Administrators group, then associate that account to the Example Administrator with Grantunityaccess? Or, Create the accounts in Exchange/AD, make them a member of the Administrators group, then associate that account to their Unity subscriber account with Grantunityaccess, change their Class of Service in Unity to Default Administrator? What is the best way to do this? (when I try to change the class of service for a subscriber in my lab- Unity 3.1.1, 5 licenses- I get a "the new class of service has insufficient licenses. Reverting to previously saved class of service.") How do I check if there are enough COS licenses? Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Need to create user accounts in AD/Exchange for Unity access

The class of service being out of licenses is most likely a feature being checked on the COS that you don't have such as View Mail for Outlook - this was a problem with the default COS definitions in versions prior to 3.1(5) - just go uncheck it on the COS and you should be fine.

As for getting non subscriber accounts (or alternate accounts for folks who happen to be subscribers) admin access, I'd definitely use GrantUnityAccess for that, that's what it was designed to do. You can certainly just assign their normal accounts to the administration COS but from the sounds of it that's not what you're looking to do.

OK, thanks. Is there any limit, or restrictions, to how many accounts you can grant admin access with the Grantunityaccess tool; That is, associate with Unity's Default Administrator account?

Cisco Employee

No, there's no limit here - I've seen sites do custom mappings for hundreds upon hundreds of accounts. They can all gain access to the SA via a single account (the example admin for instance) or they can map in each with their own (i.e. for multiple domain scenarios).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content