Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Need to disable VAD?

I'm trying to disable VAD on a 7206 and a 3745 (12.2.8T). This is a VoIP hub and spoke network, no CM. I did a no vad under the voip dial peers but the show call active voice command still shows that it is enabled. Customers are still complaining of voice clipping and dead air between speech. There is no option to disable it under the voice port. Do I have to reload the routers, or is there something else that I'm missing? Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Need to disable VAD?

I had to do a reload on my 3745 for this to take effect. I had to reload it also for the echo-cancel coverage at the same time. You can disable vad on a specific voice port if you like as well. config mode voice port no vad.

Geoff

Re: Need to disable VAD?

Thanks. I'll do the reload. I looked under the voice port, but there is no option for a no vad. Can you just do a no vad under the voice port anyway? What show command can you use to look for it there?

Views
Helpful
Replies