Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Upgrade Recommendations

We have our main Exchange server on NT 4.0 SP6a Exchange 5.5 SP4. Unity is on separate box running Unity 2.3.6. I am approaching the three year anniversary of the Exchange server and I want to replace the hardware. In a single server environment I have done this many times as a consultant, however I have never tried anything like this when there was a Unity server involved. This is what I'm thinking so far:<br><br>Install brand new third Exchange server with newest hardware into existing Exchange site. Bring the Unity server off-line and be sure all NT users are logged out of the system. Migrate all user mailboxes and all public folders from FS1 to new Exchange server. Then bring Unity server back on-line. If all this works, then I can start thinking about upgrading the Unity version to a new enough version to handle Exchange 2000 on WIndows 2000? Then when Unity is at a high enough version I can upgrade the new e-mail server to Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000? <br><br>Will this work? I assume the new e-mail server must be NT 4.0, Exchange 5.5 and NOT 2000? (i.e. upgrading to the newest NOS and Exchange 2000 would be likely the very last thing after everything else, including upgrading the Unity to whatever the latest Unity is available?)<br><br>Is there some kind of document that would outline recommendations for upgrading this configuration?<br><br>Thanks for any help you may be able to offer<br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Need Upgrade Recommendations

Please consult the documented upgrading instructions.
Cisco does not provide support for upgrading Exchange.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity30/inst/inst301/index.htm

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content