Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need VoIP Network design advice

Hi all,

I am trying to connect to sell wholesale traffic to another country and will carry another carrier's traffic through my setup. My gateway is located overseas, I'd like to know if there are any docs that would help me set this up in a way that the other carrier would not be able to see my gateway overseas. I would appreciate any help

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Need VoIP Network design advice

You mean to hide the location of your gateway? If you have one or more circuits from the carrier that you are going to connect to the gateway, then how could you hide where it is located? They have to know where to bring the voice trunks.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your question.

I believe I didn't phrase my question correctly, sorry. Here's the scenario

GW(Turkey)<--->MYGK(USA) <---> OtherCarrier(USA)

What I am trying to do is set things up in a way where "OtherCarrier" does not know at what GW the calls are being terminated, essentially relaying his VoIP traffic through MYGK . I have the option of including the GW in Turkey and MYGK in a single zone, but I do not want the "OtherCarrier" in my zone for security reasons. I am open to all suggestions, the only requirement really is to relay his traffic and hand it off to the PSTN in Turkey without the "OtherCarrier" knowing the IP address of my GW. I hope my question is a bit more clear now :-)

Cisco Employee

Ah. Well, as far as I know, regardless of the config on MYGK, it would send an ACF to OtherCarrier with the IP address of GW so you are shot right there.

Are you concerned only about them knowing the REAL IP address of GW? One thing you could do is have an IOS NAT router somewhere before the GW. IOS NAT in 12.2(2)T and later is capable of appropriately translating H.323 RAS signaling.

If that does not address your concern then the only other thing I can think of is a hack that would be pretty expensive. It would involve using 2 more gateways. Maybe there is another way to do this but what I was thinking was:

GW(Turkey)<-IP->GW2(USA)<-PRI->GW3(USA)<-IP->MYGK(USA)<--->OtherCarrier(USA)

This can obviously get very expensive especially if you need a lot of channels. However, the OtherCarrier would still know the IP address of GW3 so I don't know if that fulfills your requirement or not.

If none of this works, maybe it would help if you explained what your concerns are as to why you want to hide the IP address of your GW so we can try to address that.

Since I am acting as a traffic reseller I don't want to be cut out of the loop. so I'd like control over the traffic somewhere in the middle. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies