Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

.NET 2.0 Framework

I have created a .NET 2.0 compliant framework for the Cisco XML API calls. It is still an infant, but does work very well. It handles all of the XML apis, with relative ease as objects, instead of having to deal with the XML itself. IT generates the response stream, or a file. It also handles some of the logic when dealing with CIP files. If anyone is intersted in helping test, let me know. jerry@spohnsoftware.com

6 REPLIES

Re: .NET 2.0 Framework

What do you mean by XML API calls? AXL and AXL Serviceability? The extension mobility service or the webdialer?

The XML that is needed to display information on the phone. Ex: CiscoIPPhoneInput, CiscoIPImageMenu, etc, etc. AXL already is techincally wrapped and usable via .NET 2.0, as a web service, however the WSDL itself has issues. The framework that I did simply replaces that requirement to write the XML or XMLDocument yourself, and treat it more like an instance. I have also added helper classes to handle the Image conversion using CIP conversion. Make sense?

So you're saying you turned the ciscoipphone.xsd into a set of classes? The .net framework has a tool to do that automatically, and it does work, unlike the wsdl. The only part missing when you convert the xsd (I'm afraid I don't recall the tool name right now) is that you don't get anything for converting CIP images.

If it's AXL dealing with profiles, users and lines, I might be interested to have a look at as I have to port a Java framework for doing just that to .NET in short order.

Yes, that is what I used as a start. However, the XSD supplied does not generate very easy classes to use from a programmer's standpoint. No validation from the XSD is taken into account, and adding SoftKey, Menuitems, etc. is not very programmer friendly. I have adjusted all of the classes built and made them easier to use. I have also included the CIP logic to handle the conversion of image files directly inside of the class, again, encapsulating this logic so the programmer does not have to worry about "merging" in the Image data into whatever API they want.

The end product is simply a framework that let's you create an instance of an API, populate what you need, and then either construct the resultant XML directly into the HTTP Response stream, or save it to a file for some other usage. It removes the need to build an ASP or ASPX page and construct the document yourself.

I have started to look at incoporating the WSDL for AXL(which of course does not come in properly) and wrapping this into something easier to use. I am really not liking the idea since the standard WSDL supplied by Cisco does not work. Question: Has this been corrected yet? If so, I can probably add this in. The WSDL that I looked at would lend itself very nicely to this type of process. It would make sense to have wrapper class/collection/factory for things like Phones, Users, etc.

Despite constant clamoring by this group and undoubtedly the members of their developer support program, Cisco has yet to lift a finger to fix AXL :(

Well, out of the many who are beta testing, they have asked for this. Guess I will set out to try and add this logic in.

The Beta testing has been going well. I have had a few bugs reported, and I have released them to those who found them. So far, it is being used in several test environments, as well as where I am located.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content