cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NetIQ VoIP Manager ?

rfinnesey
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know if anyone is using or tested NetIQ VoIP Manager ? I am thinking at using it to monitor VoFR traffic over a world wide frame network.

9 Replies 9

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

I am using it. Highly recommend it, especially for WAN VoIP. If you take the time to get under the hood with the product there is almost nothing you can't gleem from your VoIP setup. Be forewarned though that it will take a little time to get proficient and have it tuned to your needs but once it's up like you need it to be it's great. I have a sales contact if you want to e-mail me and the last I heard they are still offering an engineer for the day to actual do the install and the first round of configurations at no extra charge...if you ask for it. :)

I have been a big NetIQ fan. I have run AppManager in the past and loved it. From the screen shots on the web site it looks like VoIP Manager is based off of AppManager. The one down side is I did not find SNMP support in AppManager to be that grate so it was not the best for monitoring routers. Did they add better SNMP support ? Can you install MIB files ? Are you running anything on top of VoIP Manager like Cisco Works ?

They are coming out with a module that, according to tech support just today, if you run SAA on the router they will be able to gleem info from the router as well. They have tons of modules that people have written to hook into it and I doubt there is anythign you want that someone hasn't already written and placed out on the site. I am not running anything else right now but am rolling out LMS,RWAN and QoS Policy mananger very soon. I have had good results with just Voip Manager and yes, my install engineer did confirm that it is pretty much AppManager tuned for CallManager plus saome bells and whistles. It does, after all, look almost exactly the same.

I will have to ask the NetIQ SE I am working with for some more info on the new SAA agent. Did you find that there are things Cisco Works can so in the VoIP World that NetIQ can not ? Also what type of VoIP environment do you have deployed ?

To be honest I have only seen the Cisco VoIP Mananger at TechEd and haven't really looked under the hood at it. If memory servers though I have heard that there are some functionality differences that actually justify getting both, especially if you are in an IP telephony only situation.

I am running 2 CMs for about 30 users and 5 branch offices in different states with 1 users at each location over a 768k WAN link at each location. I have integrated CM with a legacy phone system so that they can talk to each other by extensions and plan to phase the legacy system out in a year. How about your environment?

I am in the design phases of the VoIP deployment and will be utilizing Cisco Call Manager, Unity Server and Contact Center. When fully deployed I will have office in New Jersey, Boston New York, DC and London call centers in India, Mexico and Trinidad with in-bound calls from the US UK and Amsterdam. Right now I am working on picking a frame rely vendor. I am looking at AT&T and also C&W

Please let me know if you would like any more info

Ryan,

svpotdar
Level 1
Level 1

Now they have come up with upgraded version called Vivinet manager. I have just downloaded demo version and doing testing in TEST environment. The product is good but all u need is customize it else its all mess

Your saying you need to do a lot of custom work with the software ?

Ryan,

No Ryan

No customisation of the software. There are a lot of monitoring functions available, if u start running all of them it will be difficult. but u can make a ur own folder and save typical commands in that folder and make it run everyday specific time. That is what I mean by customisation.

shruti