I'm trying to implement a VG200 (NM-HDV) PRI interface with Nortel Meridian. Running MGCP with IOS 12.2(11)T. Although we are just finding out that this no longer supports network side (Providing clocking) to the PBX? Unfortunately this is a major "ouch" since the PBX cannot be set as network side or to provide clocking. As well, the PBX does not have the load installed to support the NI protocol.
Are there any work arounds that are out there? Or IOS versions on the VG200 that supports this basic feature?
Network side emulation of the isdn switch are not supported on primary-5ess, dms-100 or primary-4ess switch types. There is no IOS version that this is supported in either. The only switch type that supports network side is ni/ni2. There is however a work around. There is a hidden command "isdn network" under the d channel, that can enable network type emulation, however when the router is reloaded the configuration will dissapear. The reason this command is not released or supported, is because the resources have not been put into testing this throughly enough to be integrated as a feature in IOS.
However this is just network side emulation of the switch, you can still proivde clocking to the PBX with clock source internal under the T1 controller.
Thanks for your help guys. Although, I'm still running into an issue with this, and I'm told that it should be working the way I have it.
The Option 11 is configured for User side, External Clocking, and DMS100.
The VG200 is set for NI2, Internal Clocking, and Network side.
I'm bringing up the D-Channel, although when I place a call, it 'seems' as if the B-Channel is either not being setup, or being setup breifly then torn down immediately. (Phone goes on-hook right away).
Here is a config that has worked in many many locations.
On the IOS gateway:
isdn switch-type primary-dms100
controller T1 1/0
clock source line primary
pri-group timeslots 1-24
isdn switch-type primary-dms100
isdn incoming-voice voice
!If on earlier version of IOS (12.1.x) use next
isdn tei-negotiation first-call
On the Nortel Meridian Option X
1) Meridian 81c using NI2 Network side will only process the last 4-5 digits of any number, so tandeming to the PSTN is not possible (in fact, if the last 4-5 digits of the number sent out match a PBX phone extension that phone will ring).
2) Set Meridian PRI to S100 Network side if software allows. Successful integrations seem to be running version 22 or later on the Meridian.
3) Must set "S100" on the trunk group (RDB) and on the D-channel config. They can then set the PBX for network side.
4) Set VG200 for DMS100 User side. Caller name should work with IOS 12.2(5)
5) Make sure PBX tech downloads MSDL channel if D channel does not come up.
6) PBX tech will also have to make sure correct parameters are set to pass calls from his PRI to CallManager to PRI on PSTN (NCOS, TGAR, others)
Here is some pertinent config info from a Meridian PBX that is
working with the above PRI config:
On the D-Channel:
PARM RS422 DTE
RLS ID **
On a trunk (ds0)
NCOS 2 <<< Depends on permissions in switch
RTMB 79 1
TGAR 1 <<< Routing code. Could be different.
CLS CTD DTN and so on <<< Maybe should be UNR not CTD?
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...
The below trick might come handy when you have to add a new node to a cluster but you don't have or is unsure of the security password for the publisher. This procedure has been around for ages.
1) Login into the CLI of the Publisher.