cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New 7935 Conference Phones Not Dialing Outside Numbers

jaimyon
Level 1
Level 1

After plugging in the Polycom 7935 Conference Phone it works great. Sound quality is superb and the voice tranmission is great. However, after a while of successful use, the phone stops dialing outside lines. It acts as if it is dialing, but it is not ringing the actual phone. The only way to get it to fix is to unplug and then replug the phone in. Has anyone had or heard of similar problems? Does anyone have any suggestions or know how to fix this?

6 Replies 6

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't seen that problem before. When this happens, is the 7935 still able to dial internal numbers?

Also can you tell me which firmware load you are using? And are you configuring the phones statically or with DHCP?

These phones are configured by DHCP w/ firmware load P005S301. And the phones are not able to dial internal number either. (they act like they are dialing, we even here ringing but the actual called parties phone never rings.) But as soon as we unplug it and then plug it back it works fine. This is happening to all the 7935's that we have.

I don't think I have seen this particular problem before.

You will probably want to get a Detailed CCM trace and give it to TAC so they can review what is happening. Also, a sniffer trace may be requested.

lkauderer
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing the same problem with our 7935 phone. I have been working with a TAC engineer to determine the problem. We have noticed that the conference phone has one way audio after the ip address is released and renewed. We have placed a sniffer on the line to monitor the activity when the phone release/renews its ip address. It seems as though the phone does not want to accept the change of ip addresses.

Thank you for the info! I would really appreciate it if you could keep me informed as to any possible causes or solutions that you find.

TAC provided me with a new 7935 firmware load, which is P005V301. This load fixed the DHCP problem and one way audio that was caused due to the 7935 not releasing its original address.