Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blue

New call handlers fail (Unity 3.1.5)

I created a new call routing rule, and call handler that prompts a caller who has chosen to exit a call center queue (I3 EIC) to dial an extension, or press 2 to go to the directory handler. When calls are routed to it, a system message plays:

"Sorry, this system is temporarily unable to complete your call please try again later, goodbye"

I have tried all possible config option choices with the same result. It fails the same whether calls are routing via routing rule, or by caller input from a subscriber mailbox. Existing call handlers are working, but when I use my new call routing rule to point at an existing handler I get a different error.

"Sorry, all operators are busy, you may try again later, or leave a message, if you prefer you may record your message at the tone, when you are finished you may hang up up hold for more options"

If I point the routing rule at a subscriber it works OK.

My next step is to reboot the server, but any ideas would be welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: New call handlers fail (Unity 3.1.5)

the first place to check when you get that failsafe greeting is the event log - that'll give you a clue as to the source of the problem.

Dimes to doughnuts, that call handler has an invalid owner or message recipient (likely the later). On the messages page for the handler make sure you have a valid subscriber/distribution list selected as the message recipient. Check the owner as well.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

the first place to check when you get that failsafe greeting is the event log - that'll give you a clue as to the source of the problem.

Dimes to doughnuts, that call handler has an invalid owner or message recipient (likely the later). On the messages page for the handler make sure you have a valid subscriber/distribution list selected as the message recipient. Check the owner as well.

Blue

The event log had nothing, that was the first place I looked. You were right though, it was the message recipient. I did not pay much attention to that because I do not want the caller to have the option of leaving a message.

Thanks! An easy 5 points for you.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content