Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New Call Softkey Not Active CM3.2

I have a user telling me after putting a caller on hold and they try to make another call using the NEWCALL softkey that it says its not active. I tried this with another phone and it worked. I think what is uncommon between the two phones is that the one phone that it isn't working on has shared line appearances... I can't figure why else it would not work... can someone verify that you are not supposed to be able to make two consecutive calls on a single line if they are shared line appearances?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: New Call Softkey Not Active CM3.2

There shouldn't be a problem placing two calls on a shared line. However, there is a problem placing a /third/ call. The user may not be describing or recalling the problem correctly, or another call may be coming in on call waiting while they are trying to place their new call.

Often people like to use Call Waiting with a single line or on a single line phone to take two calls at once. Many people don't realize that while they can get two calls at once, while they have both people on the line, they cannot place a new call or transfer either existing call, which would require placing a new call. The current version of CallManager does not support more than two calls on one line. It is rumored that CallManager 4.0 will support an arbitrary number of calls per line.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content