cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New CallManager Express Resource Site

patsbc
Level 1
Level 1

Over the last couple of nights I put together a resource site with a lot of the frequently asked questions on managing CME 3.0.

Still making a lot of updates but I thought I'd put some interesting things that I've learned maintaining and supporting CME.

I will be putting a bunch of example ringtones, logos and music on hold files to use as a reference. The URL is www.futureunix.net/cme/. Let me know if you find it interesting or have any ideas for additions.

28 Replies 28

Sorry about that.

I've provided minor updates this evening - the college campus hosting my CME info. site had a backbone outage due to a virus or DDoS attack.

I've added additional files, resorted the links to make them easier to navigate and have prepped for additional 7 scenarios. I've gotten excellent support and input from Cisco on my site and will continue maintaining it as long as there is a need.

Thanks for your feedback and support.

Pat

For reasons unknown, this fantastic site had to be pulled. I am looking for a volunteer who will provide a similar site for CCME fans out there. This was a very valuable site that a number of people pointed me to. I was able to save a lot of the content that was on this site before it was pulled, and can get this info to the volunteer. Please let me know if you are willing to host a non-Cisco funded, externally driven, CCME and CUE web site.

Thanks

Sarat Khilnani - Sr Product Manager for CCME

I might be able to host a site with similar content (been thinking about it for a while anyway).

Do the initial author or anybody else have a mirror of the initial site in order for us not having to reinvent the wheel all over again ?

Regards,

I would be happy to host the site. Just let me know what you need to make this happen.

lck and Hunter, please send me an email at skhilnan@cisco.com, and we can discuss. Please include your phone number as well. Thanks

betulas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Again i'm in trouble with loading your page.

is there a problem?

Also for CME 3.1 do you have any new configuration examples?

Thanks,

Betul

This excellent web site has been rehosted at:

http://ciscogroups.anvi.com/cme/index.html

Hi pat,

I trying to access the url but without no luck. Have the site moved?

Regards

Mikael

p-atkinson
Level 1
Level 1

Would love to visit that site but cannot link to that URL (www.futureunix.net/cme/). Is it correct or a typo within?

We have CEM/CUE. Heaps of problems. Latest is Dial-By-Name cannot find an entry once the caller enters the letters of the name. Also, Call-Forward-All to an outside line (e.g., employee's cell phone or home) drops upon one ring.

Are you still having issues? Please let me know what issues you are having, and we can try and help out.

Sarat skhilnan@cisco.com

I am about to do an update this weekend from CCME 3.0.3 to 3.1.0 and from Unity 1.0.1 to 1.1.1.

I am running IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES 12.2(15)ZJ3.

3.1.0 needs at least 12.3-6.2T2 and 12.3(7)T for 3.1.1.

Since the latest release of the image that I am currently is only 12.3.6a will that support 3.1.0 or even 3.1.1 for CCME?

Found the site and have referred it to our Router guy as a future resource - because so much of CME/CUE is not handled thru the GUI (instead via CLI on the router) our telecom staff does not work on much of it (we don't touch routers directly). Our CME/CUE site has stabilized with recent upgrades and Cisco help. Seem ok for now. Thanks for your follow-up.

afullagar
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone no what the new url is? thanks in advance.

The new URL is: http://ciscogroups.anvi.com/cme/index.html

Sorry that the site has been down for a few weeks. I've taken over for Pat as the maintainer of the site, and it has taken a little longer than I would have liked to get it all approved here & get a server in place to house the content.

As a starting point, Pat has graciously given me the content of his site & that is what you will find if you go to the site right now. I will start making additions to the site next week, so if you have any scenarios you want to contribute -- please do & I'll get them incorporated as soon as I can!

John