cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New CallManager Express Resource Site

patsbc
Level 1
Level 1

Over the last couple of nights I put together a resource site with a lot of the frequently asked questions on managing CME 3.0.

Still making a lot of updates but I thought I'd put some interesting things that I've learned maintaining and supporting CME.

I will be putting a bunch of example ringtones, logos and music on hold files to use as a reference. The URL is www.futureunix.net/cme/. Let me know if you find it interesting or have any ideas for additions.

28 Replies 28

Pat, very nice site. My compliments to you. I am trying to get the idle logo to work but it does not seem to be working the same way that it does in Call Manager 3.3. I have moved the file to an actual web server and it seems to be a little better, but the image is still not working. When someone finds the answer I hope they will post it.

Muy beuno! Me likey. I wish I was this motivated. I'd be 20 punds lighter and a millionaire by now

Could you tell me where you have the image located?

Also, could you send the Config on CME for this URL?

What IP Phones are you using?

Thanks!!

Pat,

Just as input into your web site, you have a question of how to tie two CME sites together. I have not tried to two CME's together but I do use a CM 3.3.3 cluster as my access to the rest of the world in my test lab. The connection is on the CME side to have a simple dial-peer voip pointing to the Call Manager with the appropriate dial pattern and then on the Call Manager side create a gateway as a H.323 gateway and have a route pattern pointing calls back to CME.

On CME the code looks like this:

dial-peer voice 6000 voip

destination-pattern 279.

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.16.200.2

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Thanks for the great feedback guys. I've made a couple of updates tonight, but I am studying for the CME exam tomorrow morning. I will wrap up the remaining questions tomorrow more then likely.

I will more then likely throw in a quick dial-peer for H.323 communication between multiple CME boxes (vs. SIP as in your example to a CM 4.0 box - or maybe I'll add both)

If you can think of any ideas of future additions, issues or requests, post it here or send me an e-mail. Thanks again.

Pat

w-lam
Level 1
Level 1

Pat,

Do you have any ideal on how to do the call accounting on CME? Any CDR provided by CME?

Thanks,

Eric

Eric,

Please let me know if this helps.

Cisco IP Phone 7940 and Cisco IP Phone 7960 users can enter account codes during call setup or while connected to an active call using the Acct soft key. Account codes are inserted into call detail records (CDRs) on the Cisco CME router for later interpretation by billing software.

An account code is visible in the output of the show call active command and the show call history command for telephony call legs and is supported by the CISCO-VOICE-DIAL-CONTROL-MIB. The account code also appears as a named string of "account-code" in RADIUS Vendor-Specific Attribute (VSA) Vendor Type field 1 for voice AAA accounting.

No configuration is required for this feature. To enter an account code during call setup or while in a connected state, press the Acct soft key and enter the account code from the phone keypad

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your info., but what I'm looking for is how the call detail record is stored in callmanager express.

Do the callmanager express have a method to store the call detail info.automatic for every call to PSTN? If so, how could I retrieve such info.? In what format and which accounting software will support it?

Thanks,

Eric

patsbc
Level 1
Level 1

Published a ton of updates this afternoon with a package of 45 ringtones. All I have left is to write how to customize your idle logo. I've seen almost 1000 hits so the demand is there - but nobody is giving me any feedback on what they like and what'd they like to see.

Any ideas or feedback?

Pat

Pat,

I really like the scenarios/How-to section... An idea to expand might be a "tip of the week" section or something like that if you can get enough people contributing...

Question: Are you going to keep all the how-to's up on the page or are you going to move them to an archive or something on a regular basis?

John

John,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to keep them all on the page, so you can save it and take it to a customer site or print it to a PDF.. it'll make some form of a usable reference.

Cisco's reference guides are quite nice, but its easier when you know you need to do one little thing, but don't know what the command is..

That and ultimately the more support CME gets, the more it gets deployed in the marketplace. I just had a personal need to put all the little tricks I'd figured out all in one place, and thought I'd build on it.

Pat

Hey Pat,

Great site! I gave the URL to another person that is trying to learn CME and thought that your page had good eaxmples.

One thing though I am having a heck of a time with the AutoAttendant IVR feature. I have IOS Version 12.2(15)ZJ3 and have configurde the application just as in the manual, and alos the dial-peer for the the number 4020, its a PRI. I do not get anything just silence and then when the time runs out for making a selection it forwards it to the operator number just fine which is an offsite number back to our corproate HQ main number.

Would you have any ideas on what might be the problem.

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian, if memory serves me correctly, this was a bug in ZJ3 that got fixed in the latest rebuild of 12.3.4T. Some of the earlier threads on this forum identified this issue as well I believe.

See:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.eeaa758

Sarat

betulas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

altough i've tried many times i was not able to load the page. is this link down?

thanks