Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new DB Walker installed and now subscriber template handlers are gone?

Today while working in Unity 3.1(5) I was using an older version of the DB walker just fine to check some call handler errors. I checked and saw a new version of the DB walker, downloaded and installed it. Now I am getting the error "no subscriber template handlers found in the database" and "could not open local UnityDB SQL database....exiting..."

Anyone have this issue since upgrading to the new version of DB walker? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: new DB Walker installed and now subscriber template handlers

The problem is not dbWalker here - the problem is you have some corrupted subscriber templates there. I've gotten much more aggressive about checking for such template corruption at startup since it's a fairly common problem on 3.x and earlier systems - since many new checks assume I can distinguish primary call handlers associated with templates vs. "regular" subscribers I make that check up front and if the templates primary call handlers cannot be found at all (a reasonably rare condition) then it simply wont let you run.

You'll likely need to reconstruct your default objects again which includes your subscriber templates, opening greeting etc... this can be done with the ConfigMgr but is best done with TAC assistance - if you haven't already I'd open a TAC case for this since if your primary call handlers for subscriber templates are missing/unlinked there is likely other issues at play as well.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: new DB Walker installed and now subscriber template handlers

The problem is not dbWalker here - the problem is you have some corrupted subscriber templates there. I've gotten much more aggressive about checking for such template corruption at startup since it's a fairly common problem on 3.x and earlier systems - since many new checks assume I can distinguish primary call handlers associated with templates vs. "regular" subscribers I make that check up front and if the templates primary call handlers cannot be found at all (a reasonably rare condition) then it simply wont let you run.

You'll likely need to reconstruct your default objects again which includes your subscriber templates, opening greeting etc... this can be done with the ConfigMgr but is best done with TAC assistance - if you haven't already I'd open a TAC case for this since if your primary call handlers for subscriber templates are missing/unlinked there is likely other issues at play as well.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content