Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

*new directory navigation tool available*

I’ve added a new utility to the tools page some folks may be interested in. The “AudioText viewer” is a tool that you can use to quickly navigate your directory information and see how it all connects together in a tree view.<br><br>I got lots of requests for a tool along these lines… head out to the web page below and give it a look. <br><br>Suggestions for enhancements and other utilities welcome.<br><br><br>Jeff Lindborg<br>Unity Product Architect<br>Active Voice<br>jlindborg@activevoice.com<br><A HREF="http://members.home.net/jlindborg" target="_new">http://members.home.net/jlindborg</A>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: *new directory navigation tool available*

cool utility

what are the chances of it letting me add new call handlers or interview handlers some day? OR what about editing existing call handlers using this tool?

Anonymous
N/A

I do plan to revisit the ATViewer application again if enough folks are using it. Currently I’m working on a full export/import for all Unity objects and settings (the number one request I got by far). This is a long and tedious process, however (there is a LOT of data in Unity), so I wont be done with that till after Christmas at the soonest.

After that I could come back to this. I’ll tell you what I have on my office white board at home for this and you can tell me if it paints your wagon.

1. Add ability to export greetings for call handlers/subscribers such that you can play them in the display interface. This way you can check to see if the one key links you’re looking at are correct compared with what the caller is being told. This will be optional since it’ll slow the export process down quite a bit and, of course, make the resulting database file much larger.

2. Add the after message actions to the tree view along with the one key routing rules. This will give you a fuller view of the call flow callers experience.

3. In addition to being able to export the tree view showing the links between the handlers, subscribers and the like, add an export function that shows the details for each call handler. Include the owner/recipient, all the one key links, which greetings are active, what schedule it’s associated with etc… this way a user can dump out all the info they would need to rebuild an audio text application if necessary or keep a hard copy back at their office for reference or whatever.

4. Add ability to change one key actions for call handlers and subscribers. I wasn’t planning on letting any other data items be editable here, just the links themselves. You could assign them to do anything you can in the SA. This would have to be done in local “attached” mode, you couldn’t do this off line and then apply the changes.

5. Let users add new call handlers via this interface. I wasn’t planning on allowing you to add subscribers (which are much trickier from a security and consistency standpoint) or interview handlers. Not every property for the handlers would be editable in this interface, but you’d get what you need to build the audio text trees quickly and easily.

That’s about all I had planned for this guy moving forward. Of course I’m always open to suggestions…

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Anonymous
N/A

Perfect roadmap. I also use the tool extensively. Both internal, and when I'm on a customers site (especially for troubleshooting).

Cheers!
John.

Views
Helpful
Replies