cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Exchange in Unity Site

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I just installed a brand new exchange 5.5 server SP3 in a existing Unity organization and site. When I go to add new subscribers my new server does not show up in the list to choose from on the new subscriber window. Also I moved my mailbox to the new server through the move mailbox utility on exchange and my message notifications quit working, I am still getting my voice mails and my e-mails however. Is their a piece I am missing here? Thanks<br><br><br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

I've seen the new Exchange server in a site not get picked up until you've restarted the Unity server before... I'm not sure why that would be but someone reported that a few weeks ago and after a restart it showed up in the drop down list of servers. You might give that a try.

As for your notification not working... did you log Unity out of your mailbox before moving it? Unity is logged into every subscriber's mailbox similiar to having an Outlook client logged in. If you move your mailbox without first logging out (using DOHPropTest to log a specific box out or shutting down Unity entirely) Exchange can actually end up with two boxes for you and Unity is still looking at the old one.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I did not log exchange out of unity before moving the mailbox so I would say I have 2 mailboxes that unity is looking at and like you said it is still looking at the old one. My question now is how do I resolve this problem? Thanks

Not applicable

Log Unity out of your mailbox (or shut down Uniyt), reboot both the Exchange server you moved FROM and the Exchange server you moved TO. This has worked on all the sites I've tried it on but I've heard reports that it doesn't always clear the problem. If it doesn't, you might have to get a little trickier dumping the mailbox info to a PST file and rebuilding the box... hopefully that wont be the case.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

You were right rebooting both exchange servers did solve the problem. One more question however. If I want to move more mailboxes you noted to log unity out of exchange before the move. How do I log an individual mailbox out of unity then after the move log unity back into the mailbox? If this is done does the servers need rebooted? Thanks

Not applicable

You can log individual subscribers out in 2.4.6 pretty easily. You use "DOHPropTest.exe" which can be found under the CommServer\TechTools directory. When it asks you for a password, just hit "ok" and it'll tell you you're in read only mode. You wont be able to change any values or delete anything here but there will be a "log out user" button you can use. Go to the subscribers collection on the left and you'll see all the Unity subscribers associated with that server in the middle list box (listed by their alias). Find the guy you want to move and hit the "logout user" button.

After moving the box (I'd reccomend waiting a bit while Exchange finishes the operation... it can take a bit depending on traffic), the next time you call in as that subscriber and sign in over the phone, we will automatically query the Exchange directory for that user's mailbox location and then log in... there'll be a short delay on the first call in while this is done but after that you're up and flying.

For versions prior to 2.4.6 is a bit more complicated and will require a password to get into the older version of DPT (which didn't have a read only mode)... it also didn't have the snappy "logout user" button, you have to jump through a few additional hoops. I'd reccomend contacting support for help with that.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: