Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New Hunt Lists in 4.0

I have setup a line group with a number of directory numbers. Regardless of the type distribution algorithm I use if someone puts their phone on callfwdall and you dial the pilot point for the Hunt List, the phone will still ring. Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: New Hunt Lists in 4.0

When you call a line through a hunt pilot>hunt list>line group, the call forwarding set on the target line is not used. So, it will ring even if you have CFA set. However, if you call the line directly it will take call forwarding into consideration if it is set.

One thing you can try is using the 'No Answer' setting on the line group. Although it is not CallForwardAll, at least a call that attempts to use the line group can try another member of the group after the RNA Reversion Timeout timer expires. This timer is also configurable so that it rings-no-answer to another member faster than the default, which is 10 seconds.

Is this the way it is going to stay? The scenario we are having is as follows: You have a customer in your office so you don't want you phone to ring. The user does a callforward all to do this (sense there is not a donot disturb button). This works great except when someone dials the huntlist number, then their phone rings.

Cisco Employee

When you perform a CallForwardAll, do you want to send calls to voice-mail? I would think you want to try not to send it there.

I do not know your entire setup. However, the extension mobility feature may be able to help in your situation. The main purpose of EM is for user mobility, but this may give you the ability to do what you want.

Set your users to login when ever they want to receive calls from the line group and, logout when they do not want to receive calls.

When one logs out ( assuming there is no other phone assigned the same line number) calls will not be extended to that line:

When going through the line group, CallManager will skip that line number if you are logged out. When called directly ( and you are logged out), the caller will immediately be forwarded to VM (assuming that the number set on the Call-Forward-No-Answer is voicemail).

You will have a different line number though when you log out of the phone, but the phone will not ring when there's a customer, in your case in the office and someone tries to call the line number in your Line Group (either directly or through the line group.)

Again, this may work for you, however I do not know your entire setup and what effects this will have on it.

They send the calls to the operator.

I had thought of that one, and extension mobility is already setup for everyone, but the customer didn't want to go this route just yet. I'm waiting on a reply back from TAC to see if this is going to stay the way it is or if it will be addressed later on.

Thanks for your reply.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content