Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New idea, new problem.

How can I change the caption of the menu on 7940. I know there is a XML to change somewhere but I have no clue were. What I really want to know is I'm using a french system and when the user go in the corporate directory and make a search for a user I would like to have abcABC and them all the accentuated letters. Now I have a???bc...

2- I would like to be able to see ( on the phone as a web option or something else ) all the ppl connected to a desktop agent. Is there a way I could query the DB or it's in the LDAP??

Cheers

2 REPLIES

Re: New idea, new problem.

Anyone!! :|

Re: New idea, new problem.

The phone's language determines which character set it supports. I only have a softphone to play with, but it's set to French so the menu is french with the proper accents and I can enter "ren?" as a search term. iirc, my phones at work which are set to German also allow ??? in input dialogs.

A CiscoIPPhoneInput (the mask where you enter the search terms for the phone book) doesn't differ between 7 bit ascii (the default.. a phone needs to have another user locale loaded to do anything other than 7 bit ascii) and latin1 (the codepage we use in Europe.. )

Views
Helpful
Replies