Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install, Unity will not start!

Just built a Unity 4.0.3 server with exchange. Unity will not start as a service. Checked the services and noticed that the AvCsMgr is constantly in the Starting mode. Rights and permissions are correct. I am using the same user "unityadmin" for all install and administration. We have followed the Install documentation to a T but the thing will not start.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

neal

6 REPLIES

Re: New install, Unity will not start!

When I did mine for some reason the UnityAdmin and all the Unity users I created for the services didn't have the correct passwords in each of the services. I had to go to each service, re-type the password and hit ok and then it would re-apply the log on as service right to each service....try that...it can't hurt.

Hello -

A couple of other things to check:

1. Dependent services required by AvCsMgr are MSSQLServer and Telephony. Check to see these services have started successfully.

2. The service account for AvCsMgr is the message store service - so your UnityAdmin account should have all of the permissions required by that account.

3. Domain or site replication - is your Unity server pointing to the correct GC and domain controller?

Regards,

Ginger

all dependent services have started.

unityadmin account has complete rights to everything.

only server in the domain.

Also, i have noticed that the event log has the following:

"the server was unable to add the virtual root '/exchange' for the directory M:\servername\MBX .... cannot find the path specified.

Again, we followed the unity4.0 for exchange documentation to a T.

Thanks for you input.

neal

OK, just rebuilt the server ground up for the 3rd time. Still did not work at first but unity finally came up. Although it took about 5 - 10 MINUTES for the service to show up in the system tray.

This DOES NOT SEEM RIGHT to me. Is there something else that I should be looking at>?

neal

Hi -

Saw you only have one server in domain - sounds like this is running as AD, global catalog, domain controller, Exchange and Unity. I confess I have not worked with a configuration of that complexity. But I have just encountered similar problems with my test 4.0(3) server in our lab due to changes in the GC in the site my Unity server resides in. I suspect it may be problems with my MAPI profile on the Unity server ... in looking thru past forum entries for the problem, I found an article which may also help you - http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/mailstore-no-start.html

Sincerely,

Ginger

Well I just got off the phone with TAC. Here is the scoop.

When building Unity in a lab enviornment with out Callmanager access . . . . don't run the integration tool.

Thanks for all your assistance and helpful input.

Neal

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content