cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New phone load question - 7960

dgoswick
Level 1
Level 1

We just upgraded to version 3.2 and one of my users is complaining that when she receives a call while she is on one of her lines, the only option she has is the 'Answer' softkey. She knows she can simply hit that key and it automatically puts the other line on hold, but she used to be able to end a call before answering if she wanted to. Is there any reason why the ability to end a call was removed while another call is coming in?

3 Replies 3

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

First of all are you using call waiting on these lines? I would think that if the call is coming in on line appearance 2 that the phones display has moved to that line that is why you don't see the hold, end call, etc. If she presses the line button where the active call is does she have these options?

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

We are not using call waiting, just forwarding the calls to the next line (Line 1, Line 2, etc) if they are busy. I tried what you suggested and it basically did move me to the line, however it put me in another line as if I'd hit the "New Call" button. I hit the line again and it put me back with the original line. I could then press the 'EndCall' button. However, while doing this testing, I also noticed that the phone display change didn't happen consistently while another call was coming in. Sometimes it changed immediatly and sometimes it took up to 4 seconds. This can be confusing for a user when a new call comes in and their options are changing at different times. This is also a problem when the user wants to forward the first call to another number and a second call comes in and removes the option from the display.

I've reverted back to phone load P00303010102 for now.