Cisco Support Community
Community Member

New Phone Load

Can someone here elaborate on the new phone load that gets rid of the Polycom banner and supposedly improves the speakerphone quality? We have had a number of complaints from individuals using the 7960 speakerphone.

I heard this was related to the recent aquisition of SignalWorks?

Re: New Phone Load

Any of the most recent phone loads posted on CCO should have the new speakerphone code. The Polycom code was replaced quite some time ago. The bugid is CSCdw53320. The only affected load for CallManager 3.2 is the one it ships with - P00303020204 - the very next load (205) has the fix.

For CallManager 3.2, I personally recommend the 3.2(5) loads. They will have the updated speakerphone code, and both 3.2(6) and 3.2(7) have some terribly annoying user interface bugs. I can elaborate on that if it's important to you, but you should have a good experience with 3.2(5).

If you are running CallManager 3.3, just pick the latest loads off the list, currently 3.3(2). I haven't spent much quality time with 3.3 yet, so I can't attest to how well that one works, but it should have the CSCdw53320 fix integrated.

CreatePlease to create content