Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New PSTN Gateway Selection

We are looking in to upgrading our PSTN gateways from DT-24+ because of management issues and reliability.

What is the status of MGCP controlled Digital PSTN interfaces (PRI)? Which routers support it?

If 3.0 doesn't support it yet will 3.1 do?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: New PSTN Gateway Selection

3.1 will support digital PSTN interfaces with some MGCP gateways. Here are some things that you will be able to do with digital interfaces in MGCP mode when CallManager 3.1 is released:

DT-24+ - T1 PRI, T1 CAS (wink-start/delay-dial only)

DE-30+ - E1 PRI

6608-T1 - T1 PRI, T1 CAS (wink-start/delay-dial only)

6608-T1 - E1 PRI

VG200 - T1 PRI, T1 CAS (wink-start/delay-dial only), E1 PRI

CallManager 3.1 also supports T1 PRI, T1 CAS (wink/delay), E1 PRI for other gateway types including 2600/3600/Cat4k-AGM/Cat4224, but the IOS software for those platforms to perform these features will not be available until a little later.

Re: New PSTN Gateway Selection

While you wait for 3.1/IOS features....You will probobly have to use H.323 as your gateway protocol on your digital PSTN interfaces.. which means nothing more then a little added mgmt in my opinion.(You manage your dial plan on the router vs CCM) It works very well with CCM and 3600/2600 as the gateways. It functions very solid and I have numerous clients as an install base. (Now that I worked all the nightmare bugs out!) Keep this in mind as you evaluate your upgrade strategy. I will gladly email configs out as well.

mschlenger@n2nsolutions.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content