Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

New Subscriber not added to All Subs DL

Unity 3.13, E2K-sp3, W2k-sp2, UM solution.

Random new subscribers are not able to be added to the All subscribers distribution list. Unity presents an error. The mailbox is added to the exchange dl but, when searching using the SA the subscriber is not found in the dl. Ideas?

8 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: New Subscriber not added to All Subs DL

It sounds like these subscribers are created via the SA, or are they imported? When you mention, "The mailbox is added to the exchange dl but" does that mean that Unity actually did add the subscriber to the DL (even though it said there was an error)? Or was the DL add done manually after? Is this a multi-domain environment?

Subscribers are imported via the SA. Unity is adding the mailbox to the exchange DL. When I view the DL via outlook, i can see the mailbox there. However, when I query Unity via the SA it cannot find it. It adds the subscriber to the DL on the exchange side even though the error pops up.

This is a single domain. All user accounts and servers are in the same domain.

Cisco Employee

Interesting...Usually when we see problems in that area, it's with actually getting the user on the DL in the directory. Is there any chance that the user in question was already on the DL? To try to get the user to show up on that DL inside the Unity SA, you could try making a change to that user object in the directory. It doesn't really matter what you change, you can even change it back to the original value as long as something changes (just make sure that whatever is changed is actually saved). What that should do is get the Unity directory monitor to sync the changes on that user object back into the Unity SQL dbase and back into the SA DL. It would be interesting to see if that works or not.

The only other thing that I can think of is to set some traces and make the problem happen again. Let me know if you want to go that route.

No luck. I made a change in AD to one of the accounts in question. Change shows up in the SA for the subscriber but, the SA DL still does not show the subscriber. Let me know what traces to set up. This is sporadic problem so I don't know when it will surface again. It's happened a few times in the last month or so.

BTW, the error is "Subscriber was created but not added to the Distribution List due to error"

Cisco Employee

For the user that got that error, can they be added to the DL in the Unity SA successfully? The traces that I wanted to set up are actually a lot of traces. I wouldn't recommend just leaving them on. If the traces do get set, I'd suggest trying to get this to fail by creating several subscribers.

No, I am not able to add the subscriber to the DL via the SA.

I can find the subscriber, select it, click the add button but, nothing happens.

Are there any, (I can't think of any) flags in the AD object that may keep a subscriber from being added via the SA, other than being in the DL to begin with. I just don't know which account will generate an error.

Cisco Employee

No, there shouldn't be anything else in AD that would prevent you from being able to add the use to the DL. If the user was already a member of the DL, the SA shouldn't even let you try to add him/her.

The fact that this one cannot be added might actually be a good thing. If we can reproduce and capture the error, we're in good shape. If you set the following traces and post the diag_AvCsMgr file, I can take a look. I might ask for more traces after this dependning upon what I see. Set...

AlCommon - 10

AvRdbSvr - 10

DalDb - 10

Doh - 10

Since the last post, I upgraded to Unity 3.15. I have not encountered the problem again. Thx.

Views
Helpful
Replies