Views
Helpful
Replies

New to Unity

dedube23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have just installed Unity and am now trying to get the voicemail part of it figured out. I can honestly say there is no good documnetation online for this. I need to know how to set up voicemail. Please help can't find where the settting are for having the call go to voicemail. f someone can give me a breif step ny step or a link that has a step by step. when I call the voice ports extetnion for Unity the Default greeting starts but it takes the greeting 15 seconds to start up from connection time. Is there a setting for this or is this just the recording please let me know.

Thank you very much

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's plenty of good documentation for Unity... start here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/index.htm

Start with the integration guides... the problem you describe sounds like you left Unity configured for default analog integration... you need to make sure the proper switch is selected in the switch page in the SA.

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

Actually the Unity Installation documentation is very well written and complete, Although there is no quick-setup guide, there are several pieces which need to be configured to get VM up and running.

Todd

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

The 15 second delay is more than likely because the Unity ports are not assigned to the correct telephone system in the Unity SA. Open the Unity SA and click on the link titled Switch, verify and or set the IP switch to Call Manager. Also click on the Ports link and assign the ports to the Call Manager switch. You will have to restart Unity for the changes to take affect.

dedube23
Level 1
Level 1

Hey thanks for the link and the info on the switch after I changed the switch setting everything was kosher. Seem to be getting along fine so far.

Thanks