Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Newbie That Needs Help

I am new to the IP phone services side of IPT. All I want to do is make the sample apps that come with the callmanager 3.3(3) SDK work. The documentation says if any custom work needs to be done that the comments will tell you. Well for instance, trying to make the UPS app work is difficult. I do not know which ASP file to point the Service to. I pointed it to ups/ups.asp but all I get is the UPS logo. Are there parameters in callmanager that I am supposed to add? The documentation doesn't tell how to get any of these sample apps working. Any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY

Re: Newbie That Needs Help

Imho, the documenation of the SDK is somewhat lacking (and there's an example missing), so you need to learn the CiscoIPPhone* XML tags by heart, then you can reverse-engineer the examples and via the tags you can find how the pages are linked. If you draw the linking structure you'll find which is the start page. In case of the ups application, it's upsmenu.asp.

For many other examples its xyzinput.asp, but if in doubt, have a look at the urls in the code. The one page that only has outgoing links and no other document links to it, that's your startpage.

If you need a special configuration, the comments in the code will tell you (basically you have to adjust your call manager IP, login/password, your ldap server config, push user config and extension mobility password. All those values are usually configured at the start of a script so you should not have a problem locating them. Some services require that you add "?name=#DEVICENAME#" to the service URL, but the comments in the code will also tell you when this is required.

There's no way around learning how the XML syntax works. You'll also have to go step by step through an example to understand what those services do. A good example is the forex service.. I went through its code, adjusted it so that it works again, and in the end I understood how you create a service that uses an existing website to get certain information.

Views
Helpful
Replies