Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

NewFeatures 4.0 and anonymous access to web frontend

Hello,

ist there anywhere a list of voicemailfeatures of Unity 3.1.5 and which have changed or been added to 4.0?

At a customer we have a voicemailsystem with Unity 3.1.5. The customer wants to administer his Unity via web browser. The problem now is that the voicemailsystem is a different domain than the client pc on which the user is logged on so that he get a popup to enter his username and password very often. How can I change the settings of the internet information server or on another way so that he do not get the popups.

thanks Achim

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: NewFeatures 4.0 and anonymous access to web frontend

The release notes should cover the changes between versions for you - you can find them for all versions of Unity here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_notes_list.html

In 4.x you should only need to log in twice when coming from another domain (once to gain access and once for the media master DCOM control) - it shouldn't keep asking you to log in over and over again if that's what you're seeing. But since you're coming from another domain you will have to provide credentials manually...

I´m searching for a feature list for features used by the users in a voicemailsystem or a UMS system not the features for the administrators.

The customer has 3.1.5. I edit the internet information server so that I have only two logins. The customer want to login only once. Is this possible?

I´m searching for good arguments to update the customers voicemailsystem to 4.0.2. Can you help me?

Achim

Cisco Employee

the release notes talk about both admin and user level feature changes - please read through them, you'll see what I mean. they all contain a section called "new and changed functionality" - for 4.0(1), for instance, it talks about flex statck, name lookup handler changes, live reply, conversation customizations and the like... these notes are not just "features for the administrators".

Interestingly enough, in the same release notes for 4.0(1) in that new and changed functionality section is the answer to your login question:

"The ActiveAssistant and VMI relied on the Integrated Windows authentication method, which meant that when subscribers logged on to an untrusted domain, subscribers were prompted to re-enter their credentials each time they wanted to use the phone as a recording and playback device for the Media Master. However, because the Cisco PCA uses the Anonymous authentication method, once subscribers log on to Cisco PCA, they do not need to re-enter their credentials."

The release notes are full of good information... I highly reccomend giving the 4.0(1) and 4.0(2) release notes (at least the new and changed features sections) a read.

Views
Helpful
Replies