cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

night bell ringer

d-bullard
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where I want to be able to have a shared line for the main number ring over a loudspeaker in the warehouse. This will allow afterhours personal to hear the phone ring and be able to access it from anywhere in the back. Any suggestions? I have heard this may be possible with an ata 186?

Dave

6 Replies 6

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the night bell will plug into an FXS port, then the ATA-186 should work for this.

Could you explain how I would do this. I have a valcom paging system that will accept either contact closure(jwhich I assume is not what I want or 90 vac ring activated to give off a tone or warbled tone over the system.

Dave

Which Valcom Zone Controller do you have?

For instance, most of Valcom's "2000" series will support Loop-Start Trunk Ports as their input.

Snow

sorry it has been awhile, it is a valcom 2003-A --analog connector/ w three zone.

Dave

You may be able to do this with a 2003-A, I have not used it. I have worked extensively with the Valcom product line, and have implemented close to what you are looking to do. If you want to provide a paging sytem integration, you should use the Valcom 9940. If you jwant to provide a ringing tone over a loudspeaker system, use the Valcom 9924B. The 9940, will basically provide pass through from communication from whatever input it recieves and forward it on to the paging system. The 9924B, will answer the call for the ATA 186, provide a ring tone to the 9940 which in turn passes this on to the paging system. A user can then dial a pick up group to pick up the call that is ringing over the loudspeaker.

mallen
Level 1
Level 1

Don't recall the the exact Valcom model numbers, but we have a similar situation with an FXS off of a Cat 6500 -- Valcom tone generator over a Valcom paging system. The tech support at Valcom knew exactly how to configure the thing and diagrammed it for us (actually, it is pretty counter-intuitive). Also, we've used the ATA 186 and that should also work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: