Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Night Service with CME

Hello Experts,

Below is the configuration for our Receptionist's phone (extension 2300). The Night Service is configured but it's not working. The phone rings about 20 times and gets dead. The way it has to work is that it rings few times and goes to Automated Attendant (9998). As you can see the night service bell is only configured under ephone-dn 1. Do I need to enter the night service bell command under each ephone configured with the extension 2300 (Receptionist)? Could you please help me to resolve this issue.

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 2300

pickup-group ReceptionistNotAvailable

label Receptionist-1

name Receptionist-1

no huntstop

night-service bell

ephone-dn 111 dual-line

number 2300

label Receptionist-2

preference 1

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 112 dual-line

number 2300

label Receptionist-3

preference 2

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 113 dual-line

number 2300

label Receptionist-4

preference 3

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 114 dual-line

number 2300

label Receptionist-5

preference 4

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 115 dual-line

number 2300

label Receptionist-6

preference 5

call-forward busy 9998

call-forward noan 9998 timeout 10

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The way night-service works is it rings at all other ephones that have night-service enabled. So you enable night-service at ephone-dn to indicate which DN will trigger night service and then at ephon(s) to indicate which ephones will ring while in night service. You did not post your ephone configuration.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Here's the config for one of the ephones. All ephones have the same config. As you can see the extension 2300 will trigger the night service bell and the other ephones will ring. What happens is that the phones ring but it doesn't end up to Auto Attendant as it's configured under ephone-dn 115. As I said the phones ring about 20 times and gets dead.

ephone 7

username "UserSeven"

mac-address 000D.BCCC.6533

type 7940

button 1:7 2:22

night-service bell

Do you see anything wrong in this and previous posted config?

Thanks,

Could someone please reply to this posting?

Thanks,