cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nm-hda-4fxs blade config with mgcp

amanning
Level 1
Level 1

I am tring to configure an nm-hda-4fxs with an 8 port expansion module on a 3661 using mgcp and ccm 3.1.3a sp f and cannot find a way to configure the ports from ccm or find any related documentation.

Has anyone added these on and can it be done using mgcp and the ccm front end as when trying to add them in the options are not available for hda.

Anyone who can help would be appreciated!!

5 Replies 5

rchapee
Level 1
Level 1

I could not find anything either. I do know in CCM 3.2 it is a configurable option for a 3660 MGCP gateway so if it is not in 3.1.3 the HDA was probably not out yet and not supported.

*** www.iptnetworker.com ***

Thanks for the reply, I have had it confirmed by Cisco that the 3661 doesn't support this card with mgcp!! Great, a new card in the best box not able to support latest protocol. H323 is the only thing i can use with the fxs blade but that means reconfiguring the rest of the network!

Thanks anyway.

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

since i am about to patch my system to sp f i was reading the release notes and did see that call manager does support the nm-hda. but you also need to have mgcp support on the gateway device. i have heard that mgcp support for nm-hda is supposed to be int december. the rev after 122-11.T i believe.

hope this helps

scott

Scott,

I am using 12.2-11.t at the moment and it definitely isn't supported yet, like yo say, hopefully on next release. BAck to good old h323!!

Ash.

You need Call Manager 3.2.2(c). Actually I'm not sure if earlier versions of 3.2 support it but you are better off with 3.2.2(c).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: