Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NM-HDA in a 3661 router

I need 2 x NM-HDA (16 FXO ports) in a 3661 router

I cant find this NM-HDA in Cisco GPL and I cant find this card in the configuration agent, but I was recommended this card from Cisco. My solution need 16 FXO ports. If I use a Cisco 3661 as a gateway router and I need 2 of the NM-HDA cards, will I need more Flash and DRAM and can you please give me the GPL prise for this NM-HDA card?

1 REPLY

Re: NM-HDA in a 3661 router

The NM-HDA is a new voice card and the way you can populate each card is explained on this page along with minimum IOS requirements for each supported platform:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/products/nmhda_voice.html

Regarding more flash/dram, in general, whatever IOS you run dictates the minimum requirements - however, that is minimum only and if you wish to populate the 3660 w/ these voice cards, it will increase processing power need and CPU utilization and dynamic memory so you may want to install more DRAM than the minimum.

In the case of 3660, and 12.2.8T4 (which is where card is supported), you need for IP PLUS, 64M DRAm and 16M Flash but as precaution, you should add another 32M to 64M DRAM if you will be populating the box with voice cards.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content