cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no active directory with softphone 1.2 but has with 1.1

rory
Level 1
Level 1

has anyone got a remedy/had the same problem where when using softphone 1.1 no problem accessing the global directory but when using the same details with softphone 1.2 on the same machines not been able to access the global directory(it just fails to show any entries but no error messages)?

6 Replies 6

8mliebscher
Level 1
Level 1

i work with softphone 1.2.1 and have configured the server ip address, connection nr: 8404 and database search o=cisco.com and it works fine.

Martin

lhelsen
Level 1
Level 1

Is the CallManager (3.2.1c) in the same Microsoft NT domain or workgroup as the Workstation with the Softphone (1.2)?

At one setup I had the same domain and the directory working. On another setup with different domains it was not working.

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Are you saying that you are using Acitive Directory with call manager or are you using DCDirectory? What version of CallManager are you using?

Thank you,

-Mckee

We are using the DCDirectory and we have ccm 3.1.2c.

We have more than one CCMclusters in our network, one is in the Corporate (NT) Domain, others in different workgroups.

In the SoftPhone, we can only see the DCdirectory from the CCM who is in the corporate NT Domain (say CCM same as workstation). So I assumed this Domain issue is the reason for not seeing the other DCdirectory's. In CCM 3.08 & SoftPhone 1.1 this did not occur.

Apologies for the misunderstandings.

In CCM 3.1(2c) the DCDirectory requires you to authenticate. In 3.0(x) DCDirectory did not require you to authenticate.

In softphone for the directories.

Set the display name to whatever.

Server name is the dns name or ip address of your CCM.

The default port number for DCDirectory is 8404.

If it is a 3.1 cluster you have to check the box that says this server requires me to login.

for account name put "cn=Directory Manager, o=cisco.com"

for password put the DCDirectory password not the administrator password.

If you do not know the password and you did an upgrade from 3.0 try ciscocisco

The search base is: ou=users, o=cisco.com

Thank you,

-Mckee

No no, thank you, it is working

Ludo