cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No announcement - Cisco OGW doesn't cutthrough (VG200 with IOS 12.25a)

zhongwei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I found this note in Cisco Doc:"Note: A lack of a PI in a message assumes that the originating device will provide the appropriate tone signaling to the calling party."

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/busytone.html

Because I can't set "PI" field in H.225 "Alert" msg with RadVision H323 2.5 stack, my Cisco VG200 origination GW doesn't cut-through voice path.

So do i have any chance to change this logic? Let Cisco GW always cut-through voice path even the call isn't connected? I tried "voice rtp send-recv". But it doesn't work for me.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

You can also try voice call send-alerting. I think this is suppose to cut the audio through right away.

Let me know if this helps,

-Mckee

Hi,

The best command for the Announcement Messages is "voice call convert-discpi-to-prog".

cisco says: This command converts an inbound ISDN Disconnect message with a PI to a H225 Progress message with the same PI value. This command can help at times when an announcement is being played on the terminating PSTN side, but the calling party does not hear the response.

Hope this helps

Mehmet

TAC engineer told me that there's no way to change this logic in Cisco GW. So I'll try to solve it with Radvision stack.

Thanks for ur advices.