Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No caller notification when mailbox is full

I have been doing some testing with Unity 4.2(1.0) with on box exchange and noticed that when the mailbox is full that the subscriber is notified when they log in that they cannot send or recieve messages (which is good) but callers are not notified. So messages just go into this black hole. People think they are leaving a message but they are not. Even once the messages filling up the box are deleted they do not appear. Is this normal for Unity? Seems it would do like other mail systems and tell callers the mailbox is full and hang up or something.

6 REPLIES

Re: No caller notification when mailbox is full

You may not have this option turned on. You can turn this on in Exchange just like email.

If you open up the Exchange Admin and go to your information store properties, you can setup the limits there and set the warnings, etc. Unity will play the warning, IF you have these options for Storage Limits checked or unchecked, etc.

Yes all those are set in excahange and subcribers are notified when the box is full but callers are not. So they think they left a message but the subcriber will never get it.

ahhh.. the callers are not notified. I think I have noticed that also, now that you mention it. I'm hunting around myself to see if I can find an audio flag that plays that greeting.

I found this in the Advance Settings unity tools:

Conversation - Full Mailbox Check Feature

Use this key to customize Cisco Unity so that when an outside caller tries to leave a message for a subscriber, Unity first checks to see if the subscriber's mailbox is full. If the mailbox is full, the caller is not allowed to leave a message.

If the key is set to "1" the feature is enabled, when it is set to 0 or the key is missing (default) the feature is off.

Be aware that turning this on may introduce some delays when outside callers are leaving messages since Unity will have to check the home Exchange server of the subscriber to see if there is room in their inbox for the message. Also note that this check is only made for outside callers leaving messages for subscribers. Subscriber to subscriber messaging does not make this check even if the feature is enabled.

This registry key is found here:

SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Conversations\1.0\Greetings\

The key name is "FullSubMBoxChkForOutsideCaller"

Going to test and see if this works

And to add to that, the feature below that is:

Conversation - Full Mailbox Check Prompt

Use this key to customize Cisco Unity so that when an outside caller tries to leave a message for a subscriber and the subscriber mailbox is full, Unity will play the following prompt:

"Sorry, you cannot record a message for . This mailbox is full"

When the key is set to "1" the prompt is enabled, if it's set to "0" or the key is missing the prompt is disabled.

NOTE: even when the value is set to "1" the prompt will only be played if the "Full Mailbox Check Feature" is also enabled.

If you are using the Full Mailbox Check Feature in most cases you should have the Full Mailbox Check Prompt also enabled. There are only a few special circumstances where you should have the full mailbox check on but not play the prompt to callers.

This registry key is found here:

SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Conversations\1.0\Greetings\

The key name is "FullSubMboxNotifyOutsideCaller"

Thanks very much for the information

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content