Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

No CDR logs, Phones Registered with Sub, will this work?

I am currently no seeing any data in the CDR logs. Nothing is being written to the Publisher c:\program files\wfavvid\CallDetail\CDR on publisher. It is however being written to the subscriber. All phones are currently registered with the Subscriber.

CDR insert is not enabled on the subscriber.

Do I need the phones to be registered to the Publisher in order to get CDR data?

What would happen if I enable CDR insert on the Subscriber as well?

CCM 4.1.3

I've restarted the CDR insert, RIS, and database monitor services.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No CDR logs, Phones Registered with Sub, will this work?

hi,

let me explain you how CDR works before that must tell you that there is no hard n fix rule that you cannot run CDR Insert service on SUBSCRIBER from design prespective it is always good to run it on Pubilsher once you will understand how CDR works you will be able to figure out why it needs to be run on PUB only not on SUB... anyways

Say ur phone is registered to Subscriber now whenever u will use that phone (call) one flat file will be created in your SUBSCRIBER server CDR folder now this flat file will be moved from Subscriber to PUBLISHER using DBL monitor service and then on PUBLISHER CDR INSERT service will insert these Flat Files in SQL database from there you can retrieve it now question was

>> Do i need to run CDR insert service on SUB or not..

answer is NO because u r retrievin ur data finally from PUB not from SUB.

>> Other question why u cannt see any CDR records...

perform following steps

a) check CDR SERVICE should be stoped on SUB and should be running on PUBLISHER.

b) Restart the DBL monitor servcie on both PUB and SUB.

c) check DBL and CDR detailed traces to see if there are any error messages or not...

d) finally Rebootin PUB and then SUB should resolve your issue..

LET ME KNOW IF ABOVE mentioned steps help...

2 REPLIES
Green

Ok, CDR insert MUST be enabled on PUB only.

CDR enable flag should be TRUE in all SERVERS

Actually CDR data MUST BE by default under:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallDetail\CDR.

Do I need the phones to be registered to the Publisher in order to get CDR data?

No

What would happen if I enable CDR insert on the Subscriber as well?

Errors in EV and actually SUB doesnt have CDR DB.

Check also Adminutiliy to see if passwords are synched

hi,

let me explain you how CDR works before that must tell you that there is no hard n fix rule that you cannot run CDR Insert service on SUBSCRIBER from design prespective it is always good to run it on Pubilsher once you will understand how CDR works you will be able to figure out why it needs to be run on PUB only not on SUB... anyways

Say ur phone is registered to Subscriber now whenever u will use that phone (call) one flat file will be created in your SUBSCRIBER server CDR folder now this flat file will be moved from Subscriber to PUBLISHER using DBL monitor service and then on PUBLISHER CDR INSERT service will insert these Flat Files in SQL database from there you can retrieve it now question was

>> Do i need to run CDR insert service on SUB or not..

answer is NO because u r retrievin ur data finally from PUB not from SUB.

>> Other question why u cannt see any CDR records...

perform following steps

a) check CDR SERVICE should be stoped on SUB and should be running on PUBLISHER.

b) Restart the DBL monitor servcie on both PUB and SUB.

c) check DBL and CDR detailed traces to see if there are any error messages or not...

d) finally Rebootin PUB and then SUB should resolve your issue..

LET ME KNOW IF ABOVE mentioned steps help...

Views
Helpful
Replies