Views
Helpful
Replies

'No CMI connection' in Application event log

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

I receive multiple error messages like:

Error: kCCMConnectionError - No CMI connection with Cisco CallManager.

CallManager Name: 10.36.11.201 (Primary) can't be connected.

App ID: Cisco Messaging Interface

Cluster ID: CBEBU001-Cluster

Node ID: 10.36.11.201

Explanation: CMI cannot establish connection with Cisco CallManager.

Recommended Action: Check the address/status of Cisco CallManager and the network..

Error: kVMDNConfigurationError - Voice-mail DN for CMI invalid.

Invalid VoiceMailDN: <BLANK>

App ID: Cisco Messaging Interface

Cluster ID: CBEBU001-Cluster

Node ID: 10.36.11.201

Explanation: CMI cannot register with Cisco CallManager because of the invalid voice-mail DN.

Recommended Action: Check the process configuration parameter VoiceMailDn for CMI..

I've verified the network connections and voice mail functionality, and everything is working fine.

What could be the reason of these messages and how can I get rid of them?

3 Replies 3

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

What are you using for Voice Mail? Cisco Messaging Interface is used for SMDI Voice Mail connections. If you do not have this type of voice mail you are probably just getting these messages because it is not configured. In 3.0(8) they started stopping the service if it was not configured. If you are not using it just set it to manual or disable in services under administrative tools.

Thank you,

I'm using Unity as Voice Mail and I'm running CCM3.1.

How is the service that I need to change called?

rgds.

You don't need CMI when using Unity. The Unity ports register with call manager as Skinny Devices. CMI is for legacy Voice Mail integration using SMDI. So that error message you see is normal and it is stopping because you do not have it configured.

Thank you,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: