Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

no diatone ATA

Folks,

I recently bought a new ATA 188 and regustered with the callmanager. I have tried just about everything, but do not hear dailtone when i hook up a analog phone to port 1 of ATA. ata is registered with callmanager.

I tried factory resetting it a couple if times as well

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
7 REPLIES

Re: no diatone ATA

Does either port work? Did you manually add the ATA to CallManager or did you use autoregistration?

Brandon

I only tried the first port, i used autoregistration to register the ATA. Any ideas?

Thanks

Check to see if both ports are registered in CCM and see if the other port works.

Brandon

Did you have the same problem?

I will have to drive 1 hour to check this.

I was thinking of ordering another ATA as this one was acting shaky.

I had another one, which i registered to callmanager using the same process and it worked fine.

Thanks

I have not had the problem. I was just curious if it was the port or the ATA itself. If you have to drive an hour to check it out, it would be good to take a known good device with you. Is the firmware up to date?

Brandon

It was brand new from the factory when i opened it.

Do you know what the factory reset procedure is for ATA 188?

Also, does the switch port have to be trunked? cause i have it pluged into an access port?

Refer to the following document for the factory reset procedure. An access port on the switch will work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c4b86.html#1091505

Brandon

Views
Helpful
Replies