Views
Helpful
Replies

no different ringtones available on IP Phones with CallManager 3.3.2c

gerald-anders
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody.

I´m having a problem when selecting a different ringtone on my IP Phones CP-7960 and CP-7912. There only appear the two standard ringtone-types (Chirp). It seems that the ringlist.xml file is not loaded properly on the phone. I´m running Callmanager Version 3.3.2c.

Has anybody any idea?

Thanks in advance

Gerald

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Gerald,

In call Manager 3.3.2 the selection of the ring tone for the phone is different.

when you select ring tone you are now presented with the ring tone for the phone and the line, select either the line or the phone and then you see the selection of tones available.

It is a change of operation but the tones are there.

Paul

View solution in original post

Brandon,

This only applies to CM 3.2 not 3.3(2).

There was a known bug when upgrading to 3.2 whereby the ringlist got corrupted, however this is not the case with 3.3, it's just the presentation of the ring tone selection is different than in previous versions.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Gerald,

In call Manager 3.3.2 the selection of the ring tone for the phone is different.

when you select ring tone you are now presented with the ring tone for the phone and the line, select either the line or the phone and then you see the selection of tones available.

It is a change of operation but the tones are there.

Paul

brandon
Level 1
Level 1

Yes I had the same problem. Here is a link to cisco.com on how to fix it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800b3ecd.shtml

~Brandon

Brandon,

This only applies to CM 3.2 not 3.3(2).

There was a known bug when upgrading to 3.2 whereby the ringlist got corrupted, however this is not the case with 3.3, it's just the presentation of the ring tone selection is different than in previous versions.

Paul

Yes: As I realized this effect, I was thinking about the bug when upgrading to 3.2.

But in this case it would have been better to read the Manual.

Thank for your help

best regards,

Gerald

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: