Cisco Support Community
Community Member

No disconnect for RTCP ?

Hello there!

I'm still rather new to data networking as my professional job, but I'm improving my understanding quite fast. :-)

I'm 1st time here to get advice from you, gyus.

I have this problem and don't understand why it acts the way it does. Imagine a H.323 scenario, where I have 2 routers C1750 w. VIC-2FXS having live telephony connection between themselves. This connection was established using gatekeeper residing somewhere in the network. After a while I disconnect a serial link from one router. The parties don't hear each other. When I connect it back after few seconds (e.g. 10), the conversation can continue!It's NOT torn down !!! Really strange...

As far as I know, RTP runs on top of UDP, and RTCP on TCP. So, RTCP should be responsible for determining such event and behaving appropriately - tearing down that call (maybe after a time) and causing gateways to genarate tickets sent to RADIUS.

A will be thankful for all your hints (whether CLI or not) and doc references.

Re: No disconnect for RTCP ?

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center ( or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

CreatePlease to create content