Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

No Greeting prompting when accessing directory handler

Hi

We are evaluating the 2 port unlicenced Unity 3.15. When accssing directory handler via a call handler we don't get any voice greeting to explain how to use directory handler to the callers.

I assume there should be, can someone help

thanks

steve

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: No Greeting prompting when accessing directory handler

What DO you hear when you dial the name lookup handler? Which language are you using?

Thanks for the prompt reply, I hear nothing after dialing the lookup handler, I am using New Zealand English

Steve

Cisco Employee

odd that you'd hear just dead air... you should get at least the failsafe conversation if there were missing prompts or a language issue.

Can you look in the application event log for errors from around the time when you access the name lookup handler? this might give us a clue... also in the application even log from when Unity starts up- there might be an error thrown at initalization time we'd be interested in.

Thanks for That,

The Directory handler has been setup so that if no action is taken the call is transferred to the operator. This does not happen either, the call receives silence indefinately

steve

When the language was changed to US it works OK. There are no errors in the Application log.

Cisco Employee

that's interesting... so you had two languages installed for this? Were there errors in the event log when you had ENZ selected as the language?

One thing you might try if you want to switch back to ENZ is to open the advanced settings tool and select the "Try default language if prompt is missing" and set it to "1", restart Unity and try the call again. Normally, though, if this were the root cause you'd hear the failsafe conversation (i.e. the "I'm sorry I can't talk to you now..." prompt).

Were you able to fix this problem? I am having the same issue. All other prompts are played except directory handler.

Please reply..

Thank you.

Yogesh

Views
Helpful
Replies