Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

No inbound caller id w/ CM 3.2.3 and IAD2400

I'm not getting caller id info on inbound calls. The IOS on the 2400 is c2420-a2i8sv5-mz.121-5.XR1 with 16 FXS and using MCGP. I don't have any problems with caller id on IP phones, H323, or ATA186, but if I hookup an analog phone to the IAD - nothing. Is there a way to see if the caller id info is getting to the IAD when using MGCP or do you need to do a trace?

Thanks

Mark

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: No inbound caller id w/ CM 3.2.3 and IAD2400

What do you mean by inbound? Im assuming you have analog phones connected to the 2400. Are the calls coming into those analog phones not seeing caller id?

If that is the case, then this is normal. MGCP/FXS does not support sending caller id.

Bronze

Sorry, I mean MGCP/FXO does not support it.

Is the caller id not present for all calls? (PSTN & IP Phone)

No, just calls coming to the iad2400 when using MGCP. I can make the iad2400 a H323 box and I get caller id. And I can setup an ATA186 and get caller id. My IP phones also get caller id. Calling out from the iad2400 with MGCP will send caller id info, either from the voice-port configuration or the CallManager. Just not getting inbound with iad2400 and MGCP

I was able to test this with CallManager 3.2.2 and caller id worked. Has anyone else havd a problem with the IAD 2400 and CallManager.

Mark

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.