Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

rif

No more hardphones, just softphones

Dear All

I like 2 know if any body has install Cisco softphone in a call centre with about 50 + agents, and if so what type of ADC or Call Centre software did u uses 2 manage it? Also has any body played with Cisco IP ICD product?

Thanks Rif

4 REPLIES

Re: No more hardphones, just softphones

Am in the process of designing a few! The high-end would be Cisco IPCC but there are some low-end offerings from AVVID partners. I'll send you a email.

rif

Have u used Cisco IP ICD? and what problems or recommendation would u have for installing a SoftPhones only phone system?

Rif

Cisco Employee

I have implemented Cisco IP ICD for a production call center environment, and it worked very well in that installation. However I have not been involved as an administrator in other call center installations, so I had little to compare it to.

Note that agents using the Cisco IP SoftPhone as their phone works fine, with a couple caveats... don't have shared line appearances with hardware phones, the agent's SoftPhone ICD extension line must be onhook to go into Available state, etc.

Silver

Hi Rif,

You might want to contact Infostream (web: www.infostream.ca, phone: (800) 304-1160) for assistance in setting up a softphone environment. They are very experienced in networking issues, and have experience in an all-softphone environment as well.

-Aaron

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content