cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No outbound caller id

s.bogunovich
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CCM 3.3.2 with a pri trunk coming in on a 6608 blade in a 6509. On outbound calls the callers phone number shows up on the called party phone but not the caller id name. I've had the telco check and I'm not passing a caller id. Which at this point the telco should send what's in their database for the DID, but it's sending UNKNOWN. Any ideas on how to pass caller id. I also tried inputting a Caller ID under system parameters "Unknown Caller ID" and that didn't work.

5 Replies 5

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

First off you will need make sure your switch type is set to NI2. Secondly, you will need atleast CallManger 3.3(3). Lastly, you will need to check the box under the CallManager PRI setup "Send Calling Name in Facility IE". That will take care of sending the outbound caller name in the facility ie bit.

bpalmquist
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar situation...3725 with a VWIC-2MFT-T1...PRI...MGCP. Outbound caller ID is number only...no name delivered. CCM 3.3.3

Any ideas? Can WE control the sent NAME information? I know I can change the number info that we deliver, but I'm not sure about the NAME information.

I solved the problem by changing some of the gateway settings.

1. Set Calling Party IE Number Type = National

2. Set Calling Numbering Plan = ISDN

Evidently some switches in the CO need this information in order to pass caller id information.

brian.cowley
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure your numbering type and plan are set correctly on the gateway configuration page in CallManager. They should be set to ISDN and North America for the US.

anandk77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

i have few question ,

1. U said caller phone no shows on the Called Party but not the Caller ID name. R u trying to send to NAME info. to the PSTN network user?

Thanx

Anand

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: