cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No reply option in outlook

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I just noticed that when listening to a phonemail message in outlook, we do not have the option to reply to the message, (button is grayed out) only option is to forward. Is this normal or do I need to check a setting somewhere?<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

You should only be able to reply when the caller that left a message was also a Unity subscriber.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Nope, I get the same thing with Unity subscribers and non-Unity subscribers. I would think I should be able to reply to anybody...why would it matter?

Not applicable

If it is a non-subscriber, how would we know where to send the message to? What's the email address of the person that called us? There's no way of knowing.

You should be able to reply to messages left by subscribers. I'm not sure what is going on with no replies to subscribers, but you might want to verify that the VMO version matches the Unity version. To find out the VMO version, in Outlook go to \Help\About ViewMail.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

VMO version is 2.4.6.102 - Unity version 2.4.6.135 - I will try and get the VMO version .135 and test with Unity subscribers. I wasn't thnking straight about non-subcribers.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: