Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

No Ringback on Certain Outbound Calls over SIP2SIP IP2IP Gateway

We're running CM 4.0(2a)es45 w/ a SIP Trunk pointed at a 3845 w/ 12.4(6)T2 doing an IP2IP gateway running SIP2SIP. We are SCCP on the inside network. When calling out to certain numbers (seem to be usually Verizon and Sprint cell numbers) we do not get a ringback tone.

It appears that we get a 183 session progress, but it isn't followed by a 180. I can see a number of ways to deal w/ no ringback on POTS dial peers, but do not see anything that addresses IP2IP calls. Is anybody aware of a solution?

Thanks,

Joshua

2 REPLIES

Re: No Ringback on Certain Outbound Calls over SIP2SIP IP2IP Gat

Joushua,

Having the exact issue with CM3.2 and H.323 to SIP GW. Did you find a resolution?

Re: No Ringback on Certain Outbound Calls over SIP2SIP IP2IP Gat

Yes, we did find a solution. It ended up it was on the carrier's end. I believe that they were generating ring back inbound to calls we originated, but not outbound to calls originated from the carriers. They switched that so that they did not send us ring back, but did send carriers ring back for inbound calls and that appeared to solve the issue.

Here's my carrier's explanation in case that wasn't confusing enough: "We made in-band tone available to the SIP trunk via an egress profile change on the SONUS Gateway. Early-media is determined / initiated by

the called or far-end switch."

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content