cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No ringback on PRI Trunks

adam.farrell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Callmanager 3.2 with and IOS based PRI gateway. The PRI is being provided by a Meridan M1. When calls come in across this trunk the callers on the other end are not hearing ringback. I have check my programmin on the 3600 and made sure that the dial-peer includes the following line:

progress_ind alert enable 8

This has always worked for me in the past when I have had this problem. dones any know what I am missing. The router is currently running 12.2.5a software.

7 Replies 7

dumartin
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a URL designed for this problem.-

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/ringback.html

b.moss
Level 1
Level 1

Try the following command if not already done so.

[voice rtp send-recv]

description:

Voice Path Cut-through

Voice path cut-through is the completion of the bearer transmission path of a voice call. In a voice call, cut-through occurs in two stages:

Cut-through in the Backward Direction ˜ Means that only the voice path from the called party to the calling party is complete. Cut-through in Both Directions ˜ Means that the voice path between the called and calling party is complete. Tones and announcements may be generated at the origination switch or the destination switch. If tones and announcements are generated by the destination switch then voice transmission path in the backward direction (from the destination switch to the calling party) must be cut-through prior to the time that the tones and announcements are enerated. Early cut-through of the backward bearer path (before the Connect message) is needed to transport in-band tones and nnouncements from called party to the calling party and to avoid speech clipping.

Cut-through in both directions can be set on the gateways through the use of the Cisco IOS global configuration command [voice rtp send-recv

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

If the call is inbound into the callmanager and you are not hearing ringback on the pbx then under the dial-peer voice x voip pointing at callmanager add progress_ind setup enable 3. See if that helps.

Thank you,

-Mckee

e.poulias
Level 1
Level 1

Check if MTP required field is checked under the H.323 gateway configuration in the call manager. If not check it.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have tried everyone and still no luck. I am going to load some new software into my 3640 and see if that will help. But if you can think of anything else, please let me know.

mkenney
Level 1
Level 1

We are having a problem with this at a site with 3.2 and a 6608 blade as well. Problem didn't start until we went to 3.2.

That is what I was afraid of. I am going to look at everything else first before I look at the 3.2 software.