cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No ringback on transfers to H323 trunks

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

If Unity transfers a call to an extension in another cluster (via intercluster trunk) there is no ringback. The "please wait while your call is transferred" plays and callers don't seem to be bothered by the lack of ringback, but I would like to fix this. Transfers to MGCP gateways or SCCP phones are OK.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7
5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/ringback.html#pstn

Thanks,

Keith

Keith,

Thanks, that is a good doc. I had set the Call Manager Send H225 User Info Message field to User Info Ring Back, but the correct choice is H225 for Ring Back. It works now.

I spoke too soon. I did get ringback, unfortunately it totally broke the answer supervision, and the call never completes properly. The ringback continues, even after the called phone answers. Eventually some timeout is hit, and then it is dead air.

What did you do to finally solve your problem? I have a very similar problem. I found references on the forum about an IOS upgrade to 12.2(15).ZJ3, but this did not fix my problem. When the call is transfered from VM the call is disconnected after enabling H225 Ringback on CCM. If I disable ringback then the call goes thru, just without ringback.

Thanks!!!

Adam

Adam,

I have not found a fix. My users are not complaining, so it is not on top of my to-do list, but eventually I will open a TAC case. It is possible that this is just a limitation of H323 signalling.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: