Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NO RINGBACK TO PSTN WHEN CALLING IP PHONE. SINCE CALLS FROM MULTIPLE H323 G

Problem Description: No ring back to PSTN users when they call ip phones homed to the callmanager.

According to cisco doc this can be resolved by putting the command progress_ind setup enable 3 on the voip peer towards the callmanager.

The problem

We have a lot of gateways owned by someother carrier through which the calls come. The gateways would talk to their gateway which would point to our callmanager. Would like to know is there anything on the callmanager which can be set so that it would always send a ringback to the PSTN irrespective of whether the progress IE value is 3 or zero.

Also when a call comes in from PSTN to a IP Phone who gives the ringback.

Does the H323 gateway provide the ringback or the callmanager.

If the callmanager provides the ringback how can I verify (by seeing the traces) that the callmanager is providing ringback. In the traces I see H225 alerting from the callmanager towards the gateway but don't know if this confirms the callmanager is sending ringback.

4 REPLIES

Re: NO RINGBACK TO PSTN WHEN CALLING IP PHONE. SINCE CALLS FROM

I believe their is a Call Manager service parameter that is (incorrectly?) set (I saw this on a 3.3 install). The service is something like send h225 user ringback ? Try adjusting this setting, as it fixed a ringback issue I had.

Blue

On your inbound (VOIP) dial peer placed the following command under them:

progress_ind setup enable 3

On your outbound dial peers use the following commands:

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

In global mode enter the following command:

voice rtp send-recv

That should cover all the bases.

Thanks for your replies. The problem is I do not have access to the gateway. Is there any setting on the callmanager to make it send ringback irrespective of the progress indicator.

Nope... With an H.323 gateway all of the control is on the gateway, CM has no interaction except to accept the incoming call from the gateway. I have run into this several times, and the only way to fix it is the commands above....

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content