Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

No ringback tone when CCM phone calls CME phone

The call path is like this:

IP PH-->CCM-->GK-->CME-->IP PH

When I call from the CCM IP phone, I don't have ringback but if I can from the CME phone I have no problem. I had tried to play around with the service parameter in CCM such as H225 user/H225 progress IE with no luck.

Any idea?

BTW, ip phone to ip phone calls within CCM or CME work fine.

Thansk

3 REPLIES

Re: No ringback tone when CCM phone calls CME phone

Hi Nicky,

Try the following on your inbound Voip dialpeer:

dial-peer voice 3 voip

tone ringback alert-no-PI

Michael

Thanks Mike. The CME is registered with GK and I don't have a inbound voip dialpeer for calls coming from CCM. In CME, I translated the incoming digits to extension and dialplan-pattern in CME will take care of it. I am thinking there are 2 places that can potentially generate ringback tone, CCM or CME. Didn't had that before with the same configs.

Thought?

There is always an incoming peer. Question is, is it the default peer or one you specify.

Try adding

incoming called . to your voip dial-peer that is using session-target ras. This will force use of the voip dialpeer as the incoming voip.

I'm not sure that the "tone ringback alert-no-PI" will correct the issue.

You may need to get a "debug h225 asn1" and "debug h225 q931" to verify what is being signaled in terms of alerting messaging.

Care to post the CME config?

Views
Helpful
Replies