cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Service - IP Config failed on 7920

dmainzer
Level 1
Level 1

I've just set up a 7920 on a 1200 series access point. I get "authentication OK", but then the message "No Service - IP Config failed." Has anyone else seen this error? I disabled TKIP and MMH on the VLAN the phone uses, since when I had them on I got "authentication failed". Any help would be very appreciated! I need this working by Dec.2. We have a demo!

Thanks in advance!

David

5 Replies 5

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

I feel your pain. I had to do the same things and assign static IP information for the phone to come up. I am currently working on this problem along with 100 other fires. I will keep you posted on my results if I can.

Please remember to rate the post if this helps you out.

oksiazek
Level 5
Level 5

Hi ,

What kind os IOS version do you turn on your Access Point ???

I have the same problem and I have upgraded to the latest IOS and now it is working better ( no more need to configure the IP Phone in static ).

Olivier

bianderson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David.

Download and install the 1.05 firmware for the 7920 phone. This firmware cures all sorts of problems with the 7920. We had the same issues and 1.05 cured them all. Even works with a single SSID and WEP now.

HTH.

Bill.

I was able to get the phone to register with the CCM, but I have to disable WEP and set the IP static.

I looked at the firmware rev. and it reads:

7920.3.2-01-00

Does this mean it's verion 1.00?

TIA

David

Hi David,

Yes this is the V1.00 firmware, and I had exactly the same issues with DHCP and WEP. If you go onto CCO, in the software centre, go to Cisco IP Phones and the 7920 software is in the Crytpo site. Copy this download (the 1.0.5 firmware) onto your Call manager and install it. It will extract the 1.05 load to the TFTPPath folder, and add a FW Description file. Phone should boot (using your static address) and upgrade the Firmware. Reboot the phone and you will be able to disable static IP and enable WEP.

If you are using SP versions of CCM 3.3.3, (SP2 or better I think), the 7920 will appear in the device defaults page anyway, and you can confirm the phone load.

Regards

Bill