cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Service on Agent Desktop and Supervisor Desktop

rstevenson1
Level 1
Level 1

This issue was brought to our attention because the Supervisors logging into Supervisor Desktop are unable to see their agents in the team list.

The Agent Desktop window aswell as the Supervisor Desktop show "No service" at the bottom, this is the same for all agents and supervisors on the contact centres for this particular IPCC Express cluster.

But calls are still routing through fine, the only actual issue seems to be supervisors not being able to monitor their agents.

All services are up and the servers appear to be operating normally.

9 Replies 9

b.speltz
Level 4
Level 4

This describes the steps to take when one of these problems occurs with agents in a Cisco IP Contact Center (IPCC) Express environment:

specific agents do not display on a Cisco Supervisor Desktop

agents disappear from the Cisco Supervisor Desktop

the Supervisor Desktop does not display any agents

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008035309f.shtml

Just for info, the issue was resolved by rebooting the primary server in that particular cluster.

I wonder if this issue could be resolved by restarting the "Cisco Desktop Call/Chat Service" service under UCCX Serviceability?

Does anyone know if restarting said service would cause calls to drop or issues with receiving new calls during the restart process?

I had an issue where all CSD showed "No service". Restarting the Cisco Desktop Call/Chat Service on the master node fixed the issue. No service was disrupted.

had same issue and restarted the Cisco Desktop Call/Chat Service on master node and it got fixed as well. 

Did the issue happen again after you restarted the service, im facing the issue periodically like once in a week and i have to restart the service each time to fix it ??

I works for me. Thanks

robert.gray
Level 1
Level 1

The issue we were experiencing was with CAD, we were showing 'partial service' and with CDS

, we were showing 'no service' and could not see any team members. CDS and CAD 8.5

Brett Hanson wrote: I wonder if this issue could be resolved by restarting the "Cisco Desktop Call/Chat Service" service under UCCX Serviceability?

Restarting this service did resolve both issues. It did show 'In Service' status at the time of restart. Not sure if it affected current or incoming calls during restart as we did it off hours. Thanks Brett.

Yes, I can confirm that we did end up restarting our service with no call drops (I realise now that once a call has been answered, it is no longer using the CCX port and, therefore, won't drop).

Per my post here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2081178

ll.... I restarted the "Cisco Desktop Call/Chat Service" service in  CCX Serviceability > Tools > Control Center - Network Services.

The service was only restarted on the Publisher (we have pub + subscriber in HAoWAN config).

Once  the service had restarted - the publisher remained 'master' of the  service. I didn't bother to restart the sub's service at any stage.

The service restart took about 1 literal minute total - from clicking 'restart' to cycle back to IN SERVICE.

As part of the process, I had called into one of our contact center numbers and had an SDA take my call.

I restarted the service while on the phone to them - they didn't get booted from CAD and the call didn't drop.

Also  of note - another call was made into the system during the service  restart and another SDA on shift was able to take the call with no signs  of impact.

CAD/CSD chat and also the team views in CSD started working again...issue solved.
In  turn, agents and supervisors logged out of CAD/CSD, closed the app,  then re-opened it just in case (although I honestly don't think this was  necessary).

I  have yet to find anything online that says specifically what this  service does (or any of the services in Network Services) in parts and  as a whole.

I can only say that it is important in allowing Chat (clearly) and for Supervisor Desktop to be able to function at all really.

We  didn't seem to experience any outage of any kind - so I will assume  that the consequences of service restart in this instance were little to  none.

I couldn't say what the consequences would've been had the service failed to restart again - forcing a system bounce (yuck).

Anyway - issue solved, hope this info proves useful to someone else!

PS. If you're new to the whole UCCX business, CSD = "Cisco Supervisor Desktop" and CAD = "Cisco Agent Desktop".

Also some additional interesting info per David King:

"...here is the link to the  CAD install guide that I quoted regarding what the call/chat service  does. It also explains the other Desktop services as well. The service  descriptions start on page 11.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/installation/guide/cad80ccxig-cm.pdf

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: